The importance of the village green may have led William Power to misstate the location of the store and tavern he planned to open in 1753. His building was on lot 95, at least four lots away from the green.

South Carolina Gazette, March 27 - April 3, 1755 (Early South Carolina Newspapers, Microfilm Reel 3, p. 3, col. 3.

Read Transcription of Ad